Baseball All-Stars is a competitive program made up of the best players in the league, with the goal of sending the strongest teams to represent The League in All-Star play. Below is an overview of how the Baseball All-Star Program works:
- All-Star teams are selected toward the end of the regular Spring Season.
- Redondo Sunset will attempt to select 1-2 All-Star teams in each baseball division. A “Navy” team, and a “Red” Team.
- To be eligible for All-Stars, each player must submit a consideration agreement online by May 3rd, 2022.
- To be eligible for All-Stars the player must have participated in 50% of the regular season games per PONY rules (please see the standing rules and PONY rules for full eligibility rules).
- Teams are selected by the Managers of each division – there is no additional tryout.
- All-Star Managers are chosen by the Managers of each division
- Players will be notified by the All-Star manager if they have been selected.
- Players will be asked to commit to a practice and tournament schedule in order to participate.
- All-Star teams may begin practicing before the end of the regular season.
- If selected to an All-Star Team a separate fee (~$250-~$400) from the regular season is required to be paid to participate (fees are non-refundable).
- If selected to an All-Star Team you must volunteer a set number of hours and provide a deposit check, that will be returned after your volunteer duties are met.
- There are no minimum play rules in All-Stars. Managers may elect to bat 9 / play 9 and substitute players at their discretion.
- Players who display unsportsmanlike conduct or poor behavior may be removed from the team and will not be refunded any fees.
- ALL TOURNAMENT DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO SAFTEY RESTRICTIONS FROM COVID-19
May 27th - 30th
Memorial Day Tournament
June 3rd - 5th
June 17th - 19th
Father's Day Tournament
Redondo Sunset (and surrounding fields)